Lip Blush Aftercare
You did it! Congratulations on your beautiful lips.
Swelling is normal after the procedure. After you leave, we recommend that ice packs be applied for 10-15 minutes each hour for the first 48-hours following the procedure.
Cleansing the First two Days:
During those first 48-hours, the treated area can ONLY be cleansed with the antiseptic wipes provided to you. No water or other cleansers of any kind can be used for any reason.
It is normal to be excited about your new lips; however do not touch, pick, peel, tamper, scratch, rub, injure or remove the peeling in any way, you will damage the color and affect the retention. Let the skin naturally go through the healing and recovery process by applying only the moisturizer provided.
A very thin layer of the provided ointment should be applied consistently throughout the day to the treatment area using a fresh Q-tip (do NOT use mineral oil or chapstick brand.) Applying too much ointment can lead to fading, so a thin layer goes a long way. This will keep the area moist and accelerate the healing process. Do not let the area dry out and crack, keep it moist at all times. Do not press or rub aggressively when applying ointment.
DURING THE NEXT 5 DAYS
- Your lips will feel dry, grainy, and may even have slight peeling
- Do not touch, bite, lick, peel, tamper, rub, injure or remove the peeling in any way, if you do, you will experience a loss of color.
- Do not let any sweat, water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch the treated area.
- Abstain from any physical activity that causes extreme sweating.
- Use a straw when drinking liquids; avoid biting into foods that might cause friction to the lips. No spicy food & drink colored, hot, or cold things through a straw,
- No foreign body fluids.
- Do not use any lipsticks or cosmetics on or near the treated area
DURING THE NEXT 14+ DAYS
- NO hot sauna, swimming pool, ocean, hot bath/shower, sun tanning, tanning salons, Neosporin, or any other non-provided products.
- NO massages, facials, waxing, threading, laser, or skin treatments.
- DO NOT expose the area to unsanitary or dirty conditions.
- Do not use products containing alcohol or products that contain glycolic, lactose, or fruit acids and avoid salt or saline on the treatment area.
- Avoid any injectables for 30 days.
- Avoid any prolonged sun exposure.